Slips, trips, and falls are some of the most common accidents in the workplace. They can occur anywhere, at any time, and can cause serious injuries.
Most slips, trips, and falls can be prevented by taking simple precautions and being aware of potential hazards.
Here are some tips to help prevent slips, trips, and falls in your workplace:
- Make sure walkways and stairs are clear of debris and obstacles
- Use non-skid mats or treads on wet surfaces
- Install handrails on staircases
- Keep aisles and walkways free of clutter
- Train employees on how to safely navigate the workplace
- Ensure that employees are wearing the appropriate safety gear, such as shoes with slip-resistant soles
- Regularly inspect your workplace for potential hazards
If an employee does fall, make sure to provide first aid and report the accident to your supervisor. Slips, trips, and falls can cause serious injuries, so it is important to take precautions to prevent them from happening.
If you need a health and safety risk assessment for your premises, please contact us.